Saturday, December 20, 2008

Picture With Santa

Yesterday I finally took the kids to see Santa. After last year's trip I was a little concerned that Alex would be scared again. He has been assuring me for about a month now. "I'm not going to cry on Santa's lap, I cry when I am two, I don't cry when I am three." So I was hopeful, but knew that the fact that he was saying that meant he was probably nervous about the whole thing.

We got in line with our Strawberry Julius' (I read after the fact that we weren't suppose to have drinks in line - oops!) we had a bout a half and hour wait, which wasn't too bad. At one point Alex went up to one of the little red and white striped posts holding up the divider rope - and before I knew what he was doing he squatted down to lick all the way up the post. I asked him if it tasted like a candy cane - he said yes - but didn't go for another lick. Rebekah wanted to try it too, but I was able to convince her they were indeed NOT candy canes and she didn't need to lick them.

Soon after the post licking incident Alex came over and hugged my leg - "I don't want to sit on Santa's lap Mommy" Oh no! But I had realized earlier there would not be room for all three of them on Santa's lap - one of them would have to stand, or sit next to Santa - I asked him if that would be OK, he decided it would.

I was not prepared for our dear sweet happy Emma to cry on Santa's lap. But she did. As soon as I put her down. Alex was quite concerned for her . Maybe next year we will get three smiles!

Or maybe not!


1 comment:

Holly Crosley said...

Very cute picture and story!