It snowed today in Tucson! I was beside myself with glee! I was taking the kids to McDonald's for lunch to get them out of the house and I had to pick up a few things at the store. On the way to McDonald's it was raining, but about halfway there it started to turn into snow - by the time we left the grocery store an hour and a half later it was definitely snowing. It didn't seem to be sticking to the ground so I told the kids maybe if we were lucky it would keep snowing and it would get cold enough tonight for the snow to stick and we would have snow in the morning to play in. When we got home I looked in the back yard and we had snow on our "grass"! (it's fake you know) I bundled the kids up in their coats, gloves and hats and they went out for a good 15 minutes and had fun in the snow.
The problem was the gloves, I bought them nice "keep your hands warm on cold mornings" gloves, but not good "keep your hands dry while playing with snow" gloves, so it wasn't long before Rebekah was complaining of cold hands and we went inside. I think Alex would have stayed out longer - he was having fun regardless of cold hands!
Later on it snowed again and that time it seemed a bit more fluffy, and as I am writing this (9:33 pm) there is still snow in our back yard. It's no Idaho snow storm, but I will take what I can get!

You might want to click to enlarge to see their faces - click the back button to return

Alex got busy filling a bucket with snow.
No comments:
Post a Comment