Friday, December 26, 2008

I've been waiting 4 years for this!

I tried to post this video back on December 23rd but Blogger was being persnickity and it wouldn't load - I tried ALL DAY. So today I decided to try again and it worked! So here is the original post.


Rebekah loves Christmas, and she loves Christmas songs. I burned a CD that we play in the car and this year she is singing along with almost all of them. Her favorites are Frosty, Rudolph and one I wasn't aware of until yesterday - I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus! Yesterday she and I were in the car going to a birthday party - it was at a mall way across town, so we had a bit of a drive. She was singing along and I heard her singing it with the CD but when it was over she said, turn it off Mom, I want to practice it by myself. So I turned it off and to my amazement she sang the whole thing straight through - loud, and clearly! I was so proud - I teared up all 150 times she sang it before we got to the mall! Poor girl is not the best singer - maybe that will get better as she gets older - but I still think it is darn cute! I told her when we got home I wanted to video her so I could put it on the blog so Grandma and Daddy could see it. She said no - she wanted it to be a surprise when she went to her house - oh great! When this girl gets these ideas in her head it is really hard to persuade her otherwise - but I finally got her to say she would sing it for the video and once we got home she was more than happy to stand on the coffee table "stage" and sing her little heart out. Enjoy!



No comments: