Thursday, February 7, 2008

Lisa, this blog's for you!

Thanks to my friend Lisa's heckling I have finally been motivated to post! Let's all say thanks Lisa!


Really, things have been quite ho hum here in the Shumway house. Mostly baby preparation has been going on. I am a week away from my due date. My blood pressure has gotten a bit high as of last week and has become a concern for my midwife. So far, according to all tests it is still just chronic hypertension and not pregnancy induced hypertension that is the scary kind. They did put me on modified bed rest (thankfully my mom and dad are here and have helped tremendously with the kids!) I have gone in for two non-stress tests on the baby, both of which were normal. I have an appointment with my midwife tomorrow and we will see if she thinks I can go another week or possibly induce early. So that is the update as far as the baby is concerened!

My other two munchkins are keeping us busy. Bryan was gone for a week last month and I was telling him all of the cute things the kids had been doing. One of which was Alex running out dressed in Rebekah's dress up ballerina outfit saying "Look Mommy! I'm a ballerina!" He twirled in the middle of the floor and exclaimed "I love it!" Bryan came home with the pirate outfit seen below and the day after he got home we went out and got the cowboy outfit. They were both a hit!

Well this is probably it until the baby comes - rest assured there will be plenty of "new baby" posts!




1 comment:

The Wellspring said...

I am simply beaming with pride. :) I guess a little heckling now and then actually works! So glad you are nearing the end of pregnancy and hopefully you can get that blood pressure down. You take it easy girl. Glad your parents are there to help you. How about one last picture of your pregnant self? (heckle, heckle, heckle)

Toodles,
Lisa