Friday, October 26, 2007

A Day at the Pumpkin Patch

Last week I accompanied Rebekah on her class field trip to the pumpkin patch and apple orchard. She got to pick a bag of apples and pick out her own pumpkin from the field. It was a fun day.
The tractor that pulled the wagon we rode in.


Rebekah and her bag of apples.


Searching for just the right pumpkin.



This one is TOO HEAVY!
(I was really glad she didn't go for the biggest pumpkin she could find!)

Cutting the pumpkin off the vine



Isn't she a beaut?


The hay ride was an experience. All of the kids had to have a parent accompany them, and some parents brought siblings. To make room on the hayride the kids sat on the parents' laps. On the way there we were packed in like sardines. On the way back we were packed in like sardines and everyone had a bag of apples and a pumpkin! Some people had two or three pumpkins - and bags of apples - one for each kid! I was REALLY glad I didn't have Alex with me! (Thanks Mom!)

Alex got to stay home with Grandma!

No comments: