
Well it has been a hot hot summer here in Arizona. I think I mentioned in my last post that we have spent most of the summer INSIDE. I thought I would just share a pictures of the kids at a "carnival" at our church. Our church is set up in a slightly non-traditional manner where there isn't really a Sunday School divided by age groups - rather they have Community Groups that meet together to do something that they all might have in common. This could be something traditional like a Bible Study or there are also, motorcycle, horseback riding and hiking groups to name a few. This particular Sunday the goal was to get the adults plugged into a group. While the parents visited the booths the kids were free to play. There were jumping castles, pony rides, hay rides and a "train ride" (a row of "cars" pulled by a lawnmower) We pretty much stuck with the kids while they jumped, rode, and basically had a merry ole' time. We forgot our camera that day, but the nice old man pulling the train let us take a picture of the kids and then sent us the picture in an e-mail. I thought that was incredibly kind of him. So in the picture you can see that the kids are HOT and SWEATY!!! We had only been outside for about a half an hour. I am definitely ready for cooler weather!
2 comments:
P.U.! The heat sounds awful! Would you believe I had on long pants, long shirt, jacket and was still freezing at the playground today? Don't you miss the Quito weater? :)
We start Bible study next Wednesday - wish you were here. Perhaps a visit?
Ugh - I'm jealous! I do miss the Quito weather. Actually there are a lot of things I miss about Quito - you never know what you have until you leave! We do hope to visit one day - but when is the question, and with #3 on the way that's more $$$$ for plane tickets! Hi to all the Bible Study ladies!
Post a Comment