Sunday, March 15, 2009

Vacation comes to an end

Tomorrow we head back to Arizona. I had intened to blog a few times while here and share pictures of our time here - but with an iffy internet connection - blogging was difficult. This morning I decided to just bite the bullet and upload a bunch of pictures summarizing our time here.

This was the first time in three years that our whole family was together. So we took the opportunity for a family shot. This may be outdated as the kids get older - but this is now a complete family picture - as no more children SHOULD be added.


Bryan had fun taking the kids for a spin on the snowmachine (that's snow mobile for you non westerners)

I guess I forgot to mention that one of the reasons for us coming to Idaho in February was the annual Jorgensen (my family on my dad's side) family party. We have been gathering together every President's Day for about 32 years. Below is a picture of all the "little kids" that were there.


Alex and Bryan taking a snooze - how precious is that?




There was a rock wall at the lodge - Rebekah had it mastered by the end of the weekend.



My mom with Rebekah and my adorable nephew Andy.







My dad on his 70th birthday with his 6 grandkids.

While Bryan was here we went out to my sister-in-law's parent's ranch to go sledding. It was pretty windy and the snow was deep- not the best for sledding. We still tried it, and had some success, but once Rebekah got snow in her boot - she was ready to go. Here she is miserable and I am trying to get her to smile for a picture





Ok, here was suppose to be a cute picture of Bryan and the kids - but something happened and it got deleted and i don't feel like uploading it again - stupid Blogger.




After sledding we went to the house for some hot chocolate - YUM!





The kids are on a snow sculpture of a pick-up. Every year Ashton has a snow sculpture contest.







Bryan helped the kids make a tiny snowman in the back yard.


The weekend after Bryan left I went to Twin Falls to see my friends Matt and Dawna. They have three kids the same ages as ours - so it was fun.


Alex, Rebekah, Simon and Asher





Rebekah and Simon



Asher and Alex



They had a great climbing tree in their back yard - Rebekah loved it. One time I went out to check on her and she was WAY up in the tree. YIKES I stayed as calm as I could as I told that was high enough and she needed to come down!



That's high right? Maybe I was a little overly cautious - but the girl does not have much tree climbing experience.


It made for a cute picture in the end.
Also, notice Rebekah is wearing her church shoes.
Fabulous


Elias and Emma only 11 days apart.

Our last day there we went to a place that has jumping castles and blow up slides - it was a blast to say the least.








I was trying to get a cute picture of Emma in the ball pit - but Rebekah wouldn't hear of NOT being in the picture.





Dawna getting ready to go down the big slide.




My turn



My mom made these clown outfits for my brother and I and has kept them all these years. One day she had fun dressing up as clowns with the kids. Alex and Rebekah did her makeup.


Yesterday we went sledding again. My newphew and two of his cousins all have birthdays around the same time and they all turned three. We had a big bash to celebrate all of their birthdays - they invited a bunch of friends to come out sledding too. There were probably about 75 people there! It was a great time. The weather was PERFECT.


The first load on the horse drawn sleigh out to the sledding hill.



Getting ready to sled down.



Hot chocolate break.



Rebekah










Hot dogs.


My brother - a true Idahoan.






Alex and Rebekah getting ready to go down - I had to stand in front of their sled so they wouldn't start going down before I took the picture - it was slick!



The sleigh - Mamie's (my sister-in-law) dad uses this every day to feed his cattle.

Nap time.




Alex and me on a sleigh ride.






Rebekah and my neice Marene standing at the front of the sleigh.
Whew! That's it! I'm done.













































































No comments: