Sunday, March 23, 2008

Monster Post!

Hi-dee ho everyone! I canNOT believe it has been a month since I last posted. How time flies when you have a newborn! I have sat down several times to post, I always get a little bit done, and then something always calls me away. (Imagine!) Somehow, today I have been able to complete my task. So here are a BUNCH of pictures of the last month's happenings.

To update you on Emma - she is doing just great! I think she is up to about 8.5 or 9 pounds now - kind of hard to tell when you use the "get on the scale holding her and then subtract my weight" method. She is "sleeping through the night" which means she wakes up twice for me to feed her and then goes right back to sleep - I am happy with that at this point! Mommy is getting sleep - that is a good thing!

OK, so on with the pictures!

My mom and dad have been here since 3 weeks before Emma was born. They have been a God-send. It really helps to have four extra loving hands! Thanks Mom and Dad! I love you!



This is my doula Loree. For those of you who don't know, a doula is a person who attends births as a support person - they are trained in ways to help comfort the laboring mom and techniques to progress labor - a big help when trying to go natural. Loree is a licenced massage therapist so that was a FABULOUS plus during labor!


One proud Papa!


At the end of February Bryan's sister Suzanne (Aunt Reeree to Alex and Rebekah) came for a visit. She is an awesome aunt - and Rebekah absolutely fell in love with her!








Rebekah's makeover with Aunt Reeree.




Rebekah "singing" with her preschool class at Vail Pride Day



We had a surprise quick visit from "Uncle Scott" (Bryan's cousin Tara's husband) Tara and Scott moved away from Tucson in October and they are greatly missed. Rebekah and Alex were especially excited to see him.
Of course I HAD to get a picture of him holding Emma!

This was Rebekah's expression from the minute Scott walked in the door.



My uncle Dale and cousin James came to Tucson from Denver to see the Rockies play the Cubs in spring training. They stopped by after the game and had dinner and a nice visit. Dale is my mom's brother so it was nice that my parents were still here to see them too.

Rebekah latched onto James right away.

Mom and Uncle Dale



EASTER!

We did Easter baskets and the egg hunt on Saturday as you will see the kids had a blast!


CANDY!!! From Grandma Melissa.

Rebekah shows off the bunny from Grandma Melissa.


Two years ago, when we lived in Ecuador, we had several friends over for a big Easter egg hunt in our backyard (we had a nice big backyard, a novel thing in Ecuador) there were about 10 kids, so we had to get plenty of plastic eggs so each kid got a decent number of eggs. Well, we kept the eggs and I decided to use them for our hunt. I had one bag of candy and figured I would put one peice of candy in each egg until I ran out of candy - I ended up with 73 eggs filled with candy and one left over. Needless to say, Alex and Rebekah had a blast!






Rebekah was running around grabbing eggs so fast I couldn't get a good picture of her face! Notice her basket overflowing with eggs - she had to give some to Alex so she could go get more eggs!



Grandma Melissa sent Emma this cute little bunny that says "My First Easter" on it. So cute! I know it's a fluke, but I love this picture because it looks like Emma is snuggling the bunny.


EASTER MORNING PHOTO SHOOT

Emma Elizabeth 5 weeks old








OK that's it! See you all next month! (hee hee)

No comments: